In brief , capacitive screen is more sensitive than resistive screen, and it's a real touch screen.
But it can not know capacitive and resistive screens who's good or bad, depending on your preferences.
The capacitive screen is sensitive, so all you need to do on the screen is touch it with your finger and swipe it lightly
So most phones with capacitive screens without a stylus
The operation on the resistance screen requires some effort. Most of what we see with the stylus is the resistance screen
Nokia's latest flagship product, the N900, for example, USES a resistive screen and the nokia 5800
Phones like apple's iphone and samsung's I8910 are capacitive
The resistive touch screen is commonly known as the "soft screen" and is used in Windows Mobile phones.Capacitive touch screens, commonly known as hard screens, are used by machines such as the iPhone and G1.
I. indoor visual effect
Both are usually good.
1. Resistance touch screen: use pressure to touch all layers of the screen. You can use your fingers (even with gloves), nails, and stylus to operate.Support for stylus is important in the Asian market, where gesture and word recognition are valued.
2. Capacitive touch screen: the most subtle contact from the surface of the charged finger can also activate the capacitive induction system at the bottom of the screen.Inanimate objects, nails, and gloves are useless.Handwriting recognition is more difficult.
1. Resistance touch screen: the accuracy shall reach at least one display pixel, which can be seen when using the stylus.It is easy to recognize by hand and can be used in interface with small control elements.
2. Capacitive touch screen: the theoretical accuracy can reach several pixels, but it is actually limited by finger contact area.This makes it difficult for users to accurately click on targets less than 1cm2.
1. Resistance touch screen: very low price.
2. Capacitor touch screen: different manufacturers have different production processes and inputs, the price of capacitor screen will also be different, and the cost will be higher than the resistance screen.That extra cost doesn't matter for flagship products, but it could deter mid-priced phones.
V. multi-touch feasibility
1. Resistance touch screen: impossible, unless the recombinant resistance screen is connected to the circuit of the machine.
2. Capacitive touch screen: it has been implemented on G1 technology demonstration and iPhone, depending on the implementation mode and software.The 1.7t version of G1 already implements the browser's multi-touch feature.
Vi. Damage resistance
1. Resistance touch screen: the fundamental characteristic of resistance screen determines that its top is soft and it needs to be able to press down.This makes the screen very scratchy.Resistance screens require protective film and more frequent calibration.On the plus side, resistive touch-screen devices using plastic layers are generally less vulnerable to damage and fall.
2. Capacitive touch screen: glass can be used in the outer layer.This is not indestructible and may break under severe impact, but glass is better prepared for daily rubbing and stains.
1. Resistance touch screen: it is not easy to leave fingerprints, oil stains and bacteria on the screen because it can be operated with a stylus or nail.
2. Capacitive touch screen: touch with the whole finger, but the glass outer layer is easier to clean.
Viii. Environmental adaptability
1. Resistance touch screen: the specific value is unknown.But there is evidence that the use of resistive touch can Nokia 5800-10 ° C to + 60 ° C temperature to work properly, the humidity is nothing.
2, capacitive touch screen: the typical operating temperature in - between 20 ° to 80 °, need at least 5% humidity limit (principle).