The resistance system consists of a common glass plate covered with a metal conductive layer and a resistive layer.The two layers are separated by a barrier, and there is a barrier over the entire device.When the monitor is working, the current passes through these two layers.When a user touches the screen, the two layers touch at the touch point.Changes in the electric field are recorded and the coordinates of the point are calculated by the computer.When the coordinates are determined, the specialized driver interprets the touch action as an event that the operating system can understand, just as the computer's mouse driver interprets a mouse action as a click or drag.
The advantage of the resistive touch screen is that its screen and control system are relatively cheap, and the response sensitivity is very good. Moreover, whether it is a four-wire resistance touch screen or a five-wire resistance touch screen, they are completely isolated from the outside world. They are not afraid of dust and water vapor, and can adapt to various harsh environments.It can be touched with any object and has good stability.The drawback is that the outer film of the resistive touch screen is likely to be scratched, which makes the touch screen unusable. The multi-layer structure will cause great light loss. For handheld devices, it is usually necessary to increase the backlight to compensate for poor light transmittance.
The advantages of the resistive touch screen can be classified as:
1. High accuracy of resistive touch screen, which can reach the level of pixels, and the applicable large resolution can reach 4096x4096.
2. The screen is free from dust, moisture and oil, and can be used at lower or higher temperatures.
3. The resistive touch screen USES pressure induction and can be touched by any object, which can be operated even with gloves, and can be used for handwriting recognition.
4. The resistive touch screen is relatively cheap due to its mature technology and low threshold.
Disadvantages of the resistive touch screen can be classified as:
1. The resistive touch screen can be designed as multi-touch, but when the pressure is applied at two points at the same time, the pressure on the screen becomes unbalanced, leading to errors in the touch control. Therefore, the realization of multi-touch control is difficult.
2. The resistance touch screen is easy to be damaged due to scratches and other factors.